Products | SOFAB IP CCTV and Network.
To Enable SOFAB Technical Team in providing
you with the best solution, please reply
as much as possible to the questions listed
- What is the IP CCTV Requirements:
- What Type of IP Storage Solution
do you require:
- Server Based Solution
- What type of camera do you require;
- PTZ Ceiling
- PTZ Wall Mount
- PTZ Wall Mount IR
- PTZ Wall Mount IR Wireless
- Fixed Ceiling Dome
- Fixed Ceiling Dome IR
- Fixed Ceiling Dome Wireless
- Wall Mount
- Wall Mount IR
- Wall Mount Wireless
- Will the cameras be installed Indoor
- Qty Indoor:_________
- Qty Outdoor:_________
- What are the total Number of Cameras.
- Have you ever used a CCTV IP or
Analog Storage Calculator?
- If you would like to receive
a copy of the CCTV IP or Analog
Storage Calculator, please send
an email to Help@sofab.cc
and my team will send to you this
for your review.
- Is there existing corporate network?
If yes, is it enterprise wide?
- What the network primarily used for?
Example: Email, Intranet web services,
Client Server Applications, Systems Connectivity,
CCTV or other.
- Describe the enterprise. Where are the
users located? List physically separate
sites, existing connectivity between sites
(# of links and speeds to/from), and the
number of users at each (a network diagram
is preferred if available).
- Example, Number of Users: 52 users.
- Example, Location of the Network:
- What is your LAN Network Speed: Example,
100mbps or 1gbps?
- Obtain Network and Connectivity Diagrams.
- What is the predominant transport protocol?
IP, IPX, AppleTalk, NetBIOS/NetBEUI, SNA,
- What is the Network Operating System?
Novell, 2.X, 3.X, Banyan, Microsoft LAN
Manager, IBM LAN Server, Unix?
- What is the Network communication protocol?
Ethernet, Token Ring, Other?
- How are remote sites connected? List
physically separate sites, existing connectivity
between sites (# of links and speeds to/from),
a network diagram is preferred.
- Do you currently have remote access
to your network?
- If you have existing remote access,
what type of authentication are you using
and what platform is it on?
Example: Network level challenge/response
login, NT through RAS Server
- Does the network have any connections
to the public Internet? If yes;
- Do you currently use Internet e-mail?
Provide an example of your naming convention.
- Describe your security for the interface.
Example: Telnet and FTP ports closed,
Firewall, Router filtering.
- Internet connectivity; describe your
X.400, What is your naming convention,
X.500 / DAP/ LDAP,
- Who is your provider?
- What is the bandwidth? Upload__________
and Download ____________.
- Is there a Web Interface? If yes, what
is it primarily used for? If no, do you
plan to in the future?
Example: Yes - Provide Internet WEB Store
Front, online product catalogue, customer
inquiries via email
- Has a valid range of IP addresses been
obtained by the InterNIC? If yes, what
class? B Multiple C's C? What are your
existing LAN/WAN IP address range(s)?
- Has an Autonomous System Number been
obtained by InterNIC?
- Are there any 172 IP addresses used
by the Client (verify that there are no
duplicate IPs in the consulting companies
- What types of Routers, Hubs, Concentrators,
gateways, modems are installed?
- What is the software revision running
on the network devices today?
- Are they being monitored today? Will
they have to be managed enabled? Identify
by site if possible.
- What tools do Support Group Systems
Engineers (SE's) have to help automate
- Integrated Network Management System
(e.g., HP Openview, Sun Net Manager, Novell
- Protocol analyzers (e.g., Network General
- Remote Console Operations (e.g., Proxy).
- Identify network redundancy.
- Identify corporate policies with regards
to Internet and attaching to the Corporate
network. Is it possible or is a physical
secondary network required?
- Identify all firewalls.
- Identify where consulting organization
will attach to the Client Network and
On completion of the above technical information
specifications, please submit with your
requirements to SOFAB Technical Department